The roar of the bombings of the First World War was dangerously approaching, but the vineyard and cellar activity continued, even without the men of the family who were committed to the front. However, the Raboso from the 1917 vintage, that had been booked by customers, was never delivered as it was requisitioned, like so many other goods, to become aid and refreshment for the invading army. The war was destined to literally arrive in the house, with the Villa occupied by the enemy commanders, along with the cellars and stables.
The bombing of buildings and the hunger and fear had devastating effects on the few people left, the only witnesses of the destruction. In the early 1920s, with great effort, the brothers Antonio and Giovanni Bonotto returned from the war and began the long tiring work of reconstruction and restoration of the activities, not to mention some important personal achievements such as the degree in Engineering in Padua, the introduction of innovations and new investments and continued dedication to those fundamental forms of consortium cooperation to help revive a destroyed territory. Giovanni and his wife Maria also had a son, Luigi, born in 1924, who with his work would guarantee a future for the company. He became a cultured and wise man, an esteemed agronomist who was passionate about all that the earth represented.
Having emerged from the lacerations of the Second World War, he successfully managed the family business, inheriting from his father a place in local associations of farmers, milk and wine producers. It would become the period of the “economic miracle” of a young society and it was in that post-war period, which would gradually industrialize and motorize, that Luigi would be called upon to interpret the changes without losing the heritage of style and values of past generations.